Like I said before…I am NOT creative when it comes to cooking. Even though I have a large collection of cookbooks.
But after being FED UP! with looking online for recipes that include ingredients I already have…and asking my mom..(which she said chicken with salsa baked on top which was on my hate list as a kid!) I got a brainstorm at the last minute… Oh YEAH! Weight Watchers cookbook has great chicken recipes!! DUH!
So page 155 of the new complete cookbook has the yummy recipe posted below. :]
Rosemary Chicken with Wild Rice (& Quinoa)
Makes 6 servings / 6 Points
• 1 cup wild rice (I use trū Roots Sprouted rice & quinoa blend, Costco)
• 1 TBS olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves pressd
• 1 1/4 lb skinless boneless chicken breasts cubed
• 2 carrots diced
• 1/4 cup + 2 TBS orange marmalade
• 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
• 1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper
• 1 TBS dried rosemary
1) Cook the wild rice according to the package directions.
2) In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the garlic and sauté until golden, about 2 minutes. Add the chicken and carrots and sauté, stirring frequently, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the Rosemary; cook until chicken is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes longer.
3) Stir in the marmalade, mustard, and pepper; cook, stirring frequently, until heated through, about 3 minutes. Add the rice; toss to combine.
It doesn’t look as appealing as it smells but tastes nutty and sweet n sour.
Very Mmmmm :-}