Today is one of those Saturdays where you just take your sweet time doing whatever you want because you don’t have to go anywhere. Unfortunately those days is when I tend to eat breakfast at 2 PM… because its just not convenient and I really don’t want to eat oatmeal again. What I really needed today was some good tasty protein and pronto!
So what I conjured up today was this:
(don’t judge… it’s tasty!)
Protein Breakfast Scramble
• 1/4 lb of cooked sausage (I’m using the rest of my lb in my dinner for tonight)
• 3 eggs (or more)
• Almond Milk (unsweetened original)
• almond cheese (I used Lisanatti brand – helping support the locals!)
• 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
• 1 shallot, peeled & chopped
• 1/2 can of black beans, rinsed
• salt & pepper (I like pink hymalians salt)
• garlic & onion powder
• half can of olives, drained & sliced.
The method to my madness:
• Cook up the Italian (or what ever type) sausage in a separate pan until cooked all the way through.
• In non stick frying pan, sauté shallots and black beans in some olive oil until shallots are near translucent.
• Add bell peppers and continue to sauté.
• Mix up in a bowl eggs, s&p & spices, then whisk in almond milk, then pour into NS frying pan.
• Add cooked sausage on top, then let the egg cook a little and start scrambling. Add in the olives. (I really only used maybe 5 olives chopped, but I kept eating the rest…)
• Once the eggs start to look not so runny, I add in the cheese. If you add the cheese in when the eggs are still runny things just get slimy….and that’s where I start gagging…
• Wait till cheese is melted and then serve!
I didn’t use a lot of spices in this recipe because the sausage was already heavily spiced. (New Seasons super healthy pig named Georgio- he’s Italian 😉 who ate no grains but ate lots of spices to make him so succulent, never consumed GMO’s and was treated fairly….until slaughter…)
Try it out for yourself! I almost want to eat the second half, but want to save it for tomorrow when I actually have to get a move on in the morning. 🙂